School is out. The kids are getting restless, and you don’t want them playing video games or mindlessly watching TV all day. How can you keep them engaged?
Ignite their minds and creativity by making your own unique summer camp at home with Creativebug classes. Our classes are fun for the whole family, and not only will you have some beautiful art to celebrate, but you’ll also discover how much joy there is in creating together.
We did all the work and put together a playlist of summer camp craft ideas – from painting to macrame to making slime – but you can also search our site for you and your kids’ favorite kinds of projects.
Here are some of our favorites:
Classic Summer Camp Crafts
- Make frames with popsicle sticks
- Learn 3 different t-shirt hacks
- Make friendship bracelets
- Make galaxy slime
Painting and Drawing
- 30 coloring pages – printable pages from top art teachers plus creative suggestions for coloring them in
- Daily drawing challenge – 30 motifs and Daily drawing challenge – 31 things
- Pulled string painting
Fiber Art Fun
Paper Crafts and Book Making
- Make a house book
- Side sewn book – a kid-friendly version of a Japanese book-binding technique
- Paper flower necklace
Ceramics and Sculpture
STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, math)
We have ten STEAM classes that all use the Cricut to make cutting easy. However, if you don’t have a Cricut, we include SVG files for you to upload to your own paper cutting machine or print out or trace onto paper and other materials.
Happy summer camp crafting! Be sure to upload pictures of your finished projects to the photo galleries of any classes you take or draw inspiration from. We love seeing your work!