Spin your way into the new year with a handmade paper calendar wheel. Move the dial each month to see dates for the moon cycle, astrological sign, and what foods are in season. This project includes beautiful, hand-painted artwork for you to easily print out, cut, and assemble. To make this wheel extra nice, laminate each page before cutting, or glue the pages to cardstock.
- Print outs of the 2-page PDF
- Pinking shears (optional)
- X-acto knife
- Cutting mat
- Brad paper fastener
- Laminator or glue stick and cardstock (optional)
How to Make a Paper Calendar Wheel
- Cut out the colorful base wheel. Use pinking shears and stay as close to the outside gray outline as possible. Otherwise use regular scissors and cut on the gray outline.
- Cut the center hole with the X-acto. Only cut it as large as your brad is wide so it doesn’t wiggle.
- Cut out the cloud patterned top wheel. Use scissors and cut on the outside gray outline.
- Cut out all the gray shapes with the X-acto. You should have six windows and a notch for the month. Cut the center hole as described above.
- Attach the two layers together with the brad.
Cleo Papanikolas is a painter, author, and educator. Her daily practice classes on Creativebug are Painting Repeat Patterns By Hand: A Daily Practice and Learn to Paint with Gouache: A Daily Practice in Questions and Answers . You can find more of her printable crafts on her website, and while you are there, take a look at her Patreon scarf club.