From the Dinner Table of Julie Roehm,
COO and Co-Founder of Creativebug.com…
“This is a Thanksgiving must-have for our
New Orleans born and bred family.
Hope you enjoy my recipe for Crawfish Pie!”
2 unbaked pie crusts (I always use Pilsbury Pie Crust; it’s got a savory flavor.)
1/2 stick butter
1 small onion, chopped
2 ribs celery, chopped fine
1/2 bell pepper or red pepper, chopped fine
1 lb. crawfish tails
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 tsp. Creole Seasoning or to taste
1. Place 1 unbaked pie crust in bottom of 9-inch pie dish and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter and add onion, celery and bell pepper. Sauté over medium heat until vegetables are soft and onions are clear.
3. Add crawfish tails and sauté for 5 minutes. Add cream of mushroom soup and simmer for 20 minutes until slightly thickened.
4. Pour filling into pie crust. Top pie with second pie crust.
5. Crimp both edges of the pie together. With the tip of a sharp knife, cut three or four slits into the top of the pie crust.
6. Place in preheated 350-degree oven for about 25-35 minutes or until crust is browned and filling is bubbly.
Photo courtesy of Thermador.com