Like so many these days, we read the news coming out of Ukraine wondering what we can do to help those who are affected. We at Creativebug are supporting in our own individual ways as well as part of the global community.
More specifically, we’ve partnered with Creativebug instructor Lisa Solomon and Artists Take Action, an artist-led humanitarian fundraising group. A live virtual auction launches Thursday March 24th around 8:30am PT on the Artists Take Action Instagram page and will only run for 34 hours. All proceeds will benefit Ukrainian efforts. Please take a moment to bid on one of these amazing handmade projects, some created and donated by Creativebug staff members, knowing your purchase will help bring relief to Ukraine.
To bid on these items (and many others):
- Go to @artiststakeaction on Instagram
- Write your bid as a comment in the photo
- Bidding starts at $20
- Auction ends tomorrow, March 25th at 6:30pm PT, so get your bid in now!
Paper mâché toilet and Doberman Pinscher by our Art Director, Katrina Wheeler
Hand drawn folding cards with envelopes by our Shooter/Editor, Nicola Muscroft
Goldrush and Sowing Season Knit Shawls by our Sales Manager, Meghan Haddad-Null
Will be available in a future auction
Looking for other ways that you can contribute to Ukraine? Please consider donating to one of these organizations, which are doing essential work to care for the displaced and fight for democracy.
* Voices for Children is providing non-stop assistance to affected children and families from all over Ukraine, from psychological assistance to help with evacuation.
* The Kyiv Independent is supporting journalists so that we know what is really happening on the ground. Keep Ukraine’s media going by donating to this gofundme.
* World Central Kitchen is in surrounding areas providing hot, nourishing meals for anyone in need.
* Razom for Ukrainę has been at work since 2014 helping to establish democracy. They are now doing everything they can to help those facing the brutality of war.
* Care.org is aiming to reach 4 million people with immediate emergency assistance. Give now to provide food, water, and hygiene kits.
* The National Bank of Ukraine has set up a fund for the military and volunteer forces.
* Blue Meridian Crafts posted a quick YouTube tutorial on how to sew an infinity scarf using Joann cotton in the Ukrainian flag colors to show support. She is also selling finished scarves in her Etsy shop, and profits go to support Ukrainian efforts.